From Red Deer RCMP:
A Red Deer man is facing numerous charges after police uncovered an abduction in process on February 7, 2019.
On February 7 at approximately 7:50 p.m., police received a call from a woman in Edmonton indicating she was concerned that one of her relatives had possibly been abducted in Red Deer.
Through investigation, both by General Duty members and the Crime Reduction Team, police were led to a residence in the Highland Green neighbourhood.
While there, police intercepted a stolen vehicle and performed a high-risk takedown. Both the victim and suspect were unharmed and transported to the downtown RCMP detachment.
39-year-old Brian Stephens, of Red Deer is facing 19 charges, some of which include:
- ·Possession of stolen property over $5,000
- ·Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm (x2)
- ·Possession of a prohibited firearm (x4)
- ·Possession of stolen property under $5,000 (x4)
- ·Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
He is remanded in custody and is scheduled to appear in court on February 11, 2019.